She stated a fact for each year of her life. I am 47 as of today so be prepared to read a novel.
If I could go back in time, I would go back to my 30's. I had so much fun back then because I finally came into my own. Gone were the days of being self conscious. I feel like that is when I truly started living my life for me.
Aging is nothing to fear. Except for the whole gravity issue, it just keeps getting better and better.
If i had one pearl of wisdom to share in my oldER age it would have to be to not sweat the small stuff. In the end, does it really matter? Enjoy each day. It is a gift. Unwrap it slowly and enjoy each and every minute. You can never get those minutes back.
Me. Born on August 22, 1965.Here are my facts:
1. I love my family and my life (most days).
2. I love to bake and cook.
3. I love a clean house and I actually like cleaning.
4. I would go without to make someone else happy.
5. I am a loyal and generous friend.
6. You would know if I didn't like you, I cannot be fake.
7. I am very humble. I like to poke fun at myself.
8. I still cant believe I am a grandmother.
9. I drink my coffee and tea through a straw.
10. I need a nap just about every day.
11. Most nights, I am in bed by 9:00.
12. I will never cut my hair short. It is not a good look for me. I will be the old lady with the long grey braid.
13. I am a leader not a follower.
14. I am not as brand conscious as I was when I was younger.
15. I am happiest when my whole family is at home under my roof. That includes my son in law.
16. I love to sing and I love to dance. I can still drop it like its hot.
17. I can be sarcastic but I try to not do it in a hurtful way.
18. I sometimes wonder if my husband is the only one who thinks I am funny.
19. My kids always wanted me around, even around their friends. I am happy about that..
20. If I chip even one nail, I have to take off all of my polish and do them again.
21. I have been very fortunate to be a stay at home mom all of these years. I work one day a week because I want to. I want to do more but I don't really want to work. Its not because I am lazy.
22. I can still do a cartwheel, a round off and a front walk over. The rest...forget about it.
23. To celebrate the first day of school for my kids, I used to go outside and do cartwheels. Don't judge, summers were long. I also used to sing at the top of my lungs on the night before the first day of school EVERY year, "The sun will come out tomorrow".
24. I have a green thumb. I love to garden indoors and out.
25. I feel best when I can do something unexpected for someone.
26. I find it hard to sit at the salon for over 2 hours. I don't even really like getting my mani/pedi at the same time. That is too long to sit.
27. I never wear sneakers unless I am exercising. I really just started wearing flat shoes last year. I still love my heels.
28. I was more crafty when my kids were little and I had less time.
29. I love to be out and about but deep down, I am a homebody.
30. I love to entertain.
31. I am a procrastinator when it comes to making appointments
32. I am very outgoing but I can be very shy in certain situations. I need time to warm up.
33. Some people say I snore at night. I never used to and I don't believe them.
34. I can name that tune just by hearing a few bars. Any kind of music from any era.
35. I buy myself flowers every week if there aren't any already in my house.
36. I have no tattoos.
37. I have a mole in the shape of Indiana on my back. If you are still reading this novel, bless you. I am totally kidding and I wanted to see if you were paying attention. I feel like I just cheated so I will add the fact that I am a compulsive trash barrel emptier. Two pieces of trash in the barrel....it needs to be emptied.
38. When I hear any kind of patriotic music, I tear up.
39. I really do not consider myself old. Every year I tell myself, when your are such and such an age, you will feel old. I don't yet. Ask me in about 3 years how I feel.
40. Even though I am up at the crack of dawn, it takes me hours to get moving.
41. I will probably never get another job in the beauty industry but I keep my license up just to be able to shop at the beauty supply.
42. I would live in a tent if I had to and give everything to my kids. I would do anything for them.
43.I am pretty good at verbally sparring. I have had many years of practice. My husband always makes me make those dreaded calls when we need something done because I usually get results. Sometimes I enjoy it but most times I don't.
44. I do not like to drive on the highway. I hate long rides.
45. My most embarrassing moment was when I woke up from fainting in the middle of the aisle on the airplane coming home from meeting my new grand baby. There was a doctor on the plane and she said it was probably a blood pressure issue. That was 19 months ago. Have I ever gone to get it checked? See number 31.
46. I love my husband with all of my heart. It is not a bed of roses all of the time but I think I made an excellent choice. He worships the ground I walk on. I am very proud to call him my husband.
47. I have been so fortunate in life and I am so grateful. I hope every person in my life knows how much I appreciate them. I have 3 beautiful and healthy children and I am so thankful.
Now that you have sat and patiently read all of this, I think you deserve a prize. Go check out these two fabulous ladies blogs and try to win one. I don't think you will be disappointed.
I will leave you with this one last picture. This is from first grade.
Dear Mom, I thought you said you had 20/20 vision? Thanks for making me look like Herman Munster. You know I like things symmetrical so what happened? And what is with the clothes? I know I was'nt trying out for a part on Pirates of the Caribbean so why did you dress me like I was?
Happy birthday to me!