Thursday, August 30, 2012

"It's OK" Thursday 8/30

Its Ok Thursdays

I am linking up again with with Neely: A Complete Waste of Makeup and Amber: Brunch With
Amber Click the button above to visit and link up too!

"Its OK"

- That I actually had to wear a hoodie on my morning walk yesterday. It was that cold.  I am still walking on a regular basis. I am down 7 pounds. 3 more to go.


-That while making my husband his fried food extravaganza last night, I forgot I was doubling the recipe of the batter. I added two cups of flour instead of the four that I was supposed to, but I doubled the salt. I was up at 3am wanting to drink a gallon of water. My daughter loved it anyway so that is good. From now on, I am limiting myself to one cosmo while cooking.


-That I am checking Zillow every day because rumor has it that my next door nudist neighbors are moving.  I will miss your speedo Mr. Nudist (sarcasm).


-That I really had to search at Sephora for something to buy so that I could get my birthday gift from the Sephora insiders club. I have never had trouble finding things at Sephora before. I just really didn't need anything.  I ended up with an eyeliner.
I love these lip balms. It was a great gift. 

-That I had a fantastic time with all of my old high school friends last week. I am glad I do not still live in my home town. Most of them still live there and there is still drama. I will just visit occasionally. My 30 year reunion is coming up and I want to throw up just thinking about it.


-That my husband and I were going to have our traditional anniversary meal in Boston this weekend but we have the house to ourselves ALL weekend. We might do different things and save it for next weekend when everyone is around.

-That it is jacuzzi season again and I used a half a jar of bath salts to get color and scent to the water. It still didn't cut it. I have to go to bath and body works. Their stress relief products are the best and I am out of them.

-That my husband is treating me to a mani/pedi today. He told me to get a cute summer color. It will probably be the last time I get a summer color.

-That the girls that work for my husband made a big deal out of my birthday. When I first met one of the girls, my husband asked her the next day "How did you like my wife?", she replied "Better than the husband"(she has a very thick accent and it sounded very funny). She is too cute. They still joke about it at his office.
The girls got this for me in Hong Kong when they went on a business trip. It goes with my flip flop bobby pin holder on my vanity. I sense a theme here.

- That I am heading back to NY next month. I cant wait. This will be a longer trip. I told my husband he is never allowed to go to NY anymore without me.
This may sound sarcastic but it was meant to make my husband smile.

-That this is why I love my husband.


-That I was getting in line to play the numbers game at the grocery store for my husbands birthday yesterday.An older gentleman got there about the same time. I said "By all means, you first, beauty before age".  He liked that and proceeded to chat my ear off. Come to find out, he works in the meat department. I told him from now on if I need something I am going to find him. It is good to have friends in high places.


-That these are a few of my favorite text's from last week.

A text from my middle daughter, the non reader who didn't know what fatiguayed (fatigued) was.

A text from my oldest daughter, letting me know my grand daughter who likes everything just so, is showing neurotic tendencies like her Mimi.

A birthday text from the son I never had.

A few birthday tweets from my middle daughters friends.

I hope everyone enjoys this nice long weekend! I know I will!










5 comments:

  1. Love the texts! Happy Anniversary too!!!! Enjoy your nice quiet weekend at home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy it fully!

    Love hoodie weather - we had a cool night last night - but momma forgot her hoodie :(

    Love that after 27 years, he's still so romantic - good man for sure!!

    Looking forward to seeing your mani/pedi choice tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jealous
    i want some hoodie weather
    love the sugar lip balms as well
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for hoodie weather!! Love those lip balms too! PS. I'd love it if you could come visit my blog and follow me if you like it!!

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a really good pedometer app for my iPhone. Which one do you use...and do you like it? I am a Sephora junkie, but I've had a few trips where I felt completely uninspired and couldn't find anything I wanted. I have both of those Sugar lip balms (one is a deluxe sample) and I love them. You can't pass up a birthday freebie! :) Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete