Friday, August 3, 2012

The Nail Files 8/3



Today I am linking up with Tara and Vicki for the Nail Files.


Not only did I finally do the white I have been wanting to try, but I also got a gel manicure. I went with the gel manicure because I have so much work to do for my daughters party. I didn't want chipped nails.
I don't know the exact color but they used two colors to create this look. I didn't want it to be sheer so they did three coats. I didn't know that was possible but they did it. They used the CND system, not OPI.  I am not sure I will  be able to have this on for the three weeks that they said it would last. I just went on Wednesday and I can already see my nails growing.  If I had done a darker color I don't think it would be as bad.
 I feel very "Nicki Minaj".
I do like it though. It is a nice alternative to a french manicure.


In other news, my birthday present arrived yesterday via UPS. My husband has it sitting out on the credenza in the study, where my computer is. He knows I wont peek. I don't like spoiling surprises. Does he really have to torment me like that though? My birthday is three weeks away. Its definitely jewelry. Its a small package. Should I shake it?


I am also having a blast with this little cutie. The time is going too fast. I really wish they lived closer. Maybe someday.

She likes to steal every one's shoes and put one at the front door and the other one at the back door.

I am forcing myself to go for my walk right now. I have so much to do in the next few days. I am going to take a deep breath and just go with it. It will all get done (with the help from the son I never had).  I just hope that my daughter and her friends do not discover that the company I rented the chairs and tables from, gave us an extra table. I know how my daughters friends operate, they will want to use that table for beer pong. Wish me luck in finding a volley ball net for entertainment/distraction.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Your nails look great I love them :)

    Have a wonderful weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look great! I'm doubting the gel manicure will last for you. I've had it done several times - and I get a week or so - not 3 for sure!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like it will be an awesome party! Love your nails!! Glad you're keeping up with the exercise routine in the midst of all this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three weeks huh? Good to know ;-) Loving the white! Very good for summer! Again you are my mentor with your walking :-) Have a wonderfully fun weekend Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous nails! have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this while nail look. I had my nails like this on my wedding day!

    Between the lines

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I hate it when surprise packages come so early that you aren't allowed to open them yet! And I've actually never seen all-white nails, but it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete